Friday, January 10, 2014

Mamma Mia - A Greek Inspired Biscornu


I cannot help but sing along to music by Abba. I had so much  fun watching 'Mamma Mia' when it came out in 2008- and of course I immediately wanted to make a Greek biscornu! Something with those amazing colors: Aegean blue, red and turquoise and green. When Meryl Streep and Amanda Seyfried are in that scene in the bedroom, and there is that great coverlet covered in red cross stitching - I was thinking 'Who did all that embroidery?" Some amazing Greek woman, that's who. I would love to see more of her work. If I get to go to Greece some day, I will be actively looking in the markets for embroidered linens. So incredible. In the meantime, I 'll watch Mamma Mia again - and I will cry my heart out while she sings 'Slipping Through My Fingers.'

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful border! I think it needs a vase in the center. :) Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete